Accounts Assistant Maternity Cover
About the role:
SoftCo has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our busy Finance team on a maternity cover contract. Based in our headquarters in Dublin (South), the successful candidate will report to the Group Financial Controller and will support the Finance team in the delivery of standard Finance tasks, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling, timely payment collection and other finance administration tasks as assigned.
Established in 1990, SoftCo is a leading global software company with over one million business users worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, SoftCo has offices in Boston, Manchester, and Helsinki. The company’s solutions transform finance processes, reduce costs and ensure organisations meet their compliance obligations. SoftCo’s customers include Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight, the Finnish Government, and PWC. SoftCo is ISO27001 certified, a Microsoft Gold Partner, and an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
- Support the Finance team in the delivery of the monthly management accounts
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording financial data
- Reconcile the accounts receivable and payable ledgers to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted on a monthly basis
- Monitor and report customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Support the Finance team in adherence to company policies and procedures
- Complete VAT returns
- Administration of customer license database
- Provide administration support to team members
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- A college degree or similar Finance/Business qualification
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a busy Finance Department
- Working knowledge/understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Good level of competence in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and accounting software
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
Please email your CV to email@example.com or fill out the form on this page.
SoftCo is an Equal Opportunities employer.