Business Development Representative
About the role
We are growing our Sales & Marketing team and are actively seeking a motivated, proactive Business Development Representative to generate leads for our enterprise sales team, while helping finance professionals understand how SoftCo can transform their financial processes.
You will work closely with the VP Marketing and VP Sales and will be responsible for generating and qualifying leads for SoftCo’s financial process automation solutions. The ideal candidate is a results-driven, technically savvy sales/marketing professional with a solid understanding of lead generation and qualification processes. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your consultative selling skills in a cutting-edge technology environment and gain experience selling into the UK, US, and other international markets.
- Achieve and exceed agreed lead generation targets.
- Use online sources, tools, and third-party suppliers to build databases of relevant companies and contacts for targeted lead generation campaigns.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing and the senior management team to plan and execute all lead generation activities including content marketing, outbound, advertising, events/webinars, referrals, and partner campaigns.
- Receive, organize, and manage leads generated from marketing campaigns using Marketing Automation and CRM tools.
- Make initial contact and establish a dialogue with leads by phone and email.
- Qualify leads based on established criteria, identify prospects, and schedule follow-up calls/on-site meetings/demos for the enterprise sales team.
- Assist in the preparation of meeting agendas, collateral, demos, and PowerPoint slides for prospect meetings.
- Ensure that CRM data is accurate and up-to-date and report on lead generation activities and weekly Sales & Marketing meetings.
- Become expert in SoftCo’s technology, solutions, services, and overall value proposition.
- 1-3 years of experience in lead generation, sales, and/or marketing (software experience a plus, but not required)
- A highly motivated individual with a competitive personality and strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in delivering multiple tasks simultaneously, with a flair for organization and prioritization
- An ambitious, self-starter attitude with a willingness to learn and the drive to succeed
- Extensive knowledge of lead generation, and consultative sales processes
- Knowledge of digital marketing, inbound marketing, and SEO an advantage
- Experienced in the use of CRM and/or marketing automation platforms, email marketing, lead tracking, social media, and other web-based marketing tools
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar qualification in Marketing / Management Information Systems or similar discipline.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, expanding software company and contribute to the future development of the Group. An attractive package is on offer to the successful candidate. There will be some travel involved in this role.
If you would like to join the SoftCo team, please email your CV to email@example.com or contact us by phone (01) 294 2420
SoftCo is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Established in 1990, SoftCo is a leading global software company with over one million business users worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, SoftCo has offices in Boston, Manchester, and Helsinki. The company’s solutions transform finance processes, reduce costs and ensure organisations meet their compliance obligations. SoftCo’s customers include Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight, the Finnish Government, and PWC. SoftCo is ISO27001 certified, a Microsoft Gold Partner, and an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.