QA Engineer – Finland
Established in 1990, SoftCo is a leading global software company with over one million business users worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, SoftCo has offices in Boston, Manchester, and Helsinki. The company’s solutions transform finance processes, reduce costs and ensure organisations meet their compliance obligations. SoftCo’s customers include Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight, the Finnish Government, and PWC. SoftCo is ISO27001 certified, a Microsoft Gold Partner, and an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
About the role:
The primary focus of a QA Engineer is the delivery of excellent quality on all product development releases incl. programmes, installation scripts, and deployment procedures. Working within an agile environment, you will develop, maintain and execute test scripts for manual and automated testing, and you will analyse and communicate test results efficiently and comprehensively to the team.
Liaising with developers and other departments as required on items relating to product quality, you will report regularly on project progress during daily stand-ups. You will take ownership of test platforms, including installation and maintenance. Finally, you will ensure compliance with ISO 27001, company information security policies, and deliver other ad-hoc duties as required.
You have a degree, qualification or proven background in Computer Science and/or Software Testing. You are fluent in Finnish and English, eligible to work in Finland and can work on your own or as part of a team. In addition, you have:
- Good understanding of test approaches, including integration, behavioural, regression, performance, automated & manual testing.
- Experience with some/all of the following tools: JBehave, Jmeter, JUnit, Jenkins, Sonar, Findbugs, Maven, Selenium
- Ability to respectfully challenge both peers and mangers to ensure quality is always a priority
- An eye for detail and a systematic approach to all tasks.
- Virtualization experience in a test environment and experience in database testing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Focus on timely results, having a high degree of accountability and responsibility.
- Self-motivated and willing to question, learn and develop.
- Certifications such as ISEB, ISTQB and PRINCE, PMI, PMP would be advantageous.
What can we offer you:
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge and work with an experienced team of developers on state-of-the-art technology. A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate.
SoftCo is an Equal Opportunities Employer. www.softco.com
For further information, please contact Mirke Turunen ph: +358 44 5487 006.