UI UX Designer
Hyvinkää or Helsinki, Finland
Established in 1990, SoftCo is a leading global software company with over one million business users worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, SoftCo has offices in Boston, Manchester, and Helsinki. The company’s solutions transform finance processes, reduce costs and ensure organisations meet their compliance obligations. SoftCo’s customers include Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight, the Finnish Government, and PWC. SoftCo is ISO27001 certified, a Microsoft Gold Partner, and an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
UI UX Designer
You will conceive innovative product designs that are visually creative, have intuitive interactions, consistent user-flows and meet business and user objectives. Having ownership of the user interface for the full product suite, you will generate user interaction models, wire frames and user flows.
As a key member of the product development team, you will rapidly develop iterative mock-ups and prototypes of designs, incorporating usability test results into subsequent designs. Working closely with both development teams and the business, you will define the flow of screens associated with a software feature and the controls displayed on those screens. A key goal will be to ensure a consistently positive user experience across all SoftCo solutions.
Finally, you will ensure that all designs are delivered in compliance with ISO 27001 and company information security policies, and other ad-hoc duties as required.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related area from a recognised university/college, or equivalent practical experience. You have:
- Proven experience of creating effective user interface designs for enterprise level software.
- A strong UX focus, i.e. you deliver clean UI enabling users to effectively interact with the software in a way which supports the overall formation of a positive user experience.
- Ability to work closely with and understand highly technical software developers, preferably with in-house design experience.
- Willingness and aptitude to quickly learn new technologies.
- Advantageous skills include:
- Solid knowledge of mobile and desktop web usability best practices.
- Exposure to user-centred design and human factor specialists.
- jQuery UI, CSS3, HTML5, Adobe Premium Suite.
- Experience of working as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- A self-starter attitude with an interest in current design approaches and technologies.
- A keen understanding of the need to solve both business and user problems.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Finnish
- A current valid Finnish work permit if applicable
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, established software company and contribute to the future development of the Group. An attractive package is on offer to the successful candidate.