AWS Cloud Administrator
AWS Cloud Administrator
We are expanding our team in Dublin and are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced AWS Cloud Administrator who is looking to grow their career in a dynamic and exciting growth market. You will play an instrumental role in the direction and administration of SoftCo’s AWS Cloud Hosting environment that is used by customers globally.
SoftCo are a fast growing global Procure-to-Pay and Compliance technology company disrupting the FinTech market. We will double in size over the next 2 years and are looking for smart, proactive and fun people to be part of our exciting journey. Our Smart Automation technology is transforming how companies manage their Procure-to-Pay processes, reducing costs and fighting fraud. Our cloud-based solutions use the latest emerging AI and Robotics technologies to do this for our customers.
We operate from offices in the US, Finland, UK and are head quartered in Ireland. We are proud that all our projects are successful, and that our market-leading technology delivers our customers unrivalled levels of automation and the greatest savings. We have over a million users worldwide including PwC, Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight and the 76 departments of the Finnish Government. We are seriously certified with ISO27001, Microsoft Gold Partner, all types of SOC and we are an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
AWS Cloud Administrator – Your role:
We are expanding our team in Dublin and are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced AWS Cloud Administrator who is looking to grow their career in a dynamic and exciting growth market. You will play an instrumental role in the direction and administration of SoftCo’s AWS Cloud Hosting environment that is used by customers globally. In your role you will;
- Work with a team of highly skilled IT professionals to deliver world class business solutions to global enterprise customers.
- Commission, maintain and monitor security, performance and availability of the AWS cloud environments.
- Act as a point of escalation for the Product, Helpdesk Support and Project Delivery teams to diagnose and resolve AWS related technical issues in line with committed SLA’s.
- Proactively follow the AWS Well-Architected Framework to drive continuous improvement in operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, cost optimization, and sustainability.
- Automate processes to for example provision/decommission instances, apply security patching, send alerts to Helpdesk, run reports, etc.
- Be responsible for reporting AWS costs against each customer and implement cost optimisation mechanisms.
- Perform system capacity planning and provide regular reporting on required resourcing increases.
- Maintain backup and recovery strategies to meet business service level commitments.
- Evaluate new AWS technologies and services and make recommendations where they are aligned with SoftCo’s product and service offerings.
- Adhere to company policies and compliance standards including standard operating procedures, change management policies, documentation requirements and other related compliance requirements.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or other equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience with AWS administration – AWS certifications an advantage.
- Operational experience with some of: Amazon EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, Athena, QuickSight, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, WAF, VPC, VPN, CloudFront, Route 53.
- Strong security awareness and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Eligible to work in Ireland with fluent written and verbal English.
- Proactive approach, excellent attention to detail. eager to learn new technologies, team player, ability to work on own initiative and good problem-solving and communication skills.
What we can offer you:
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge, develop your career and work with state-of-the-art technology in a rapidly growing sector. SoftCo has a flexible remote working policy enabling you to choose what works for you. We encourage our team to be ambitious and in SoftCo there is a culture of progression. We support your development by investing in training and partnering with leading learning platforms and providers such as Pluralsight amongst others. Uniquely, our structure means you work directly with the most senior leaders in the business, who see your potential.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer and our benefits package includes membership of our on-site gym, company paid health insurance, life assurance, pension, bonus package, long service incentive awards and a staff referral scheme. Our customers are all over the world, so travel is an option and if working for one of the most innovative technology companies is your thing, then look no further. SoftCo is an equal opportunities employer. Learn more about us and see examples of how some of our team have developed at softco.com/about-us/careers/.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com.
Request a demo
Complete the form to request a demo of our accounts payable automation software