We are looking for an experienced DevOps lead who can impact the growth and success of our rapidly growing organisation as we transition to a Cloud First DevOps delivery model. You will provide best practice DevOps leadership and act as a hands-on mentor in a growing team of expert engineers. In addition, you will collaborate with other technical teams to deliver DevOps culture and practices throughout the business. If you have an end-to-end product lifecycle mindset, an automation mindset and a development mindset, then this is the role for you.
SoftCo are a fast growing global Procure-to-Pay and Compliance technology company disrupting the FinTech market. We will double in size over the next 2 years and are looking for smart, proactive and fun people to be part of our exciting journey. Our Smart Automation technology is transforming how companies manage their Procure-to-Pay processes, reducing costs and fighting fraud. Our cloud-based solutions use the latest emerging AI and Robotics technologies to do this for our customers.
We operate from offices in the US, Finland, UK and are head quartered in Ireland. We are proud that all our projects are successful, and that our market-leading technology delivers our customers unrivalled levels of automation and the greatest savings. We have over a million users worldwide including PwC, Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight and the 76 departments of the Finnish Government. We are seriously certified with ISO27001, Microsoft Gold Partner, all types of SOC and we are an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
DevOps Lead – Your role:
We are looking for an experienced DevOps lead who can impact the growth and success of our rapidly growing organisation as we transition to a Cloud First DevOps delivery model.
You will provide best practice DevOps leadership and act as a hands-on mentor in a growing team of expert engineers. In addition, you will collaborate with other technical teams to deliver DevOps culture and practices throughout the business.
If you have an end-to-end product lifecycle mindset, an automation mindset and a development mindset, then this is the role for you.
- Lead and mentor the team to deliver best practice DevOps operations.
- Work with cross functional teams to automate delivery processes for complex systems.
- Define, use and manage standard DevOps tooling.
- Standardise and automate the deployment and maintenance of SoftCo software on production customer systems.
- Ensure availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Perform system troubleshooting and problem solving across DevOps lifecycle.
- Setup and maintain monitoring of end-to-end processes to optimise performance cost.
- Be responsible for security posture of SoftCo solutions in the cloud.
- Adhere to company policies and compliance standards including standard operating procedures, change management policies, documentation requirements and other related compliance requirements.
- 4+ years’ experience in DevOps (environments) including designing, building and implementing CI/CD pipelines and understanding of IaC principles.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and DevOps tooling.
- Hands-on scripting experience (e.g. Java Script, Python, Groovy, Ruby, bash or PowerShell).
- Knowledge and understanding in AWS Cloud, Cloud Orchestration Tools (Terraform, Cloudformation etc.) and Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience in runtime, build and deployment technologies and project tools: CI/CD, GIT, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, Microsoft DevOps, Confluence, etc.
- Experience in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting cloud-based production systems.
- Understanding of AWS services and cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of load balancing, DNS, virtual networks, firewalls, SSL certs and scaling in cloud environments.
- Understanding of GIT usage and branching practices.
- Experience of Agile delivery (e.g. Scrum or Kanban) as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills, and ability to demonstrate and communicate complex issues for specialists and novices.
- Customer first mindset with strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with distributed teams.
- Self-starter with excellent attention to detail who seeks and advances new ways of doing things and keeps abreast of relevant technologies and trends.
- Strong security awareness and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Eligible to work in Ireland with fluent written and verbal English.
What we can offer you:
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge, develop your career and work with state-of-the-art technology in a rapidly growing sector. SoftCo has a flexible remote working policy enabling you to choose what works for you. We encourage our team to be ambitious and in SoftCo there is a culture of progression. We support your development by investing in training and partnering with leading learning platforms and providers such as Pluralsight amongst others. Uniquely, our structure means you work directly with the most senior leaders in the business, who see your potential.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer and our benefits package includes company paid health insurance, life assurance, pension, bonus package, long service incentive awards and a staff referral scheme. Our customers are all over the world, so travel is an option and if working for one of the most innovative technology companies is your thing, then look no further. SoftCo is an equal opportunities employer. Learn more about us and see examples of how some of our team have developed at softco.com/about-us/careers/.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a demo
Complete the form to request a demo of our accounts payable automation software