Product Business Analyst
Product Business Analyst
We are currently seeking an experienced Product Business Analyst to join our Product Team. Working closely with the Product Manager you will play a key role in the SoftCo Product Delivery Lifecycle and will be responsible for developing business and technical requirements and building a business case around them. You will ensure that all requests for changes to our products and associated services are refined, analyzed, and evaluated appropriately to ensure we deliver maximum value to our customers. This role will evolve as a unique position with room for growth and a variety of responsibilities based on the business needs.
SoftCo are a fast growing global Procure-to-Pay and Compliance technology company disrupting the FinTech market. We will double in size over the next 2 years and are looking for smart, proactive and fun people to be part of our exciting journey. Our Smart Automation technology is transforming how companies manage their Procure-to-Pay processes, reducing costs and fighting fraud. Our cloud-based solutions use the latest emerging AI and Robotics technologies to do this for our customers.
We operate from offices in the US, Finland, UK and are head quartered in Ireland. We are proud that all our projects are successful, and that our market-leading technology delivers our customers unrivalled levels of automation and the greatest savings. We have over a million users worldwide including PwC, Volkswagen, Primark, Sunny Delight and the 76 departments of the Finnish Government. We are seriously certified with ISO27001, Microsoft Gold Partner, all types of SOC and we are an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
Product Business Analyst – Your role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Product Business Analyst to join the product team in Dublin. Working closely with the Product Manager you will play a key role in the SoftCo Product Delivery Lifecycle and will be responsible for developing business and technical requirements and building a business case around them. You will ensure that all requests for changes to our products and associated services are refined, analysed, and evaluated appropriately to ensure we deliver maximum value to our customers. This role will evolve as a unique position with room for growth and a variety of responsibilities based on the business needs.
- Research and requirements elicitation: Ensuring that the true underlying requirements are understood and validated.
- Impact Analysis: Analyse the impact of requirements on the strategic and commercial goals of the organisation to support prioritisation and pricing.
- Work with business and technical teams to create business deliverables such as Process Maps, Business Requirements, Functional Requirements (including Use cases).
- Mapping of requirements against SoftCo product and AP/P2P lifecycle: Ensuring that the requirements are mapped against the SoftCo product suite and the AP/P2P lifecycle.
- Documentation of requirements: Distilling the requirements into structured documents that can be easily understood by stakeholders.
- Assessment of solution and validation: Evaluating proposed solutions against requirements to ensure that the business value can be realised.
- Work closely with the development team to find the right technical solution that meets the business needs, including, clarifying requirements, answering questions etc.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and compliance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are both business focussed and tech savvy with significant experience eliciting and facilitating requirements gathering. You are willing to learn, have a strong work ethic and are a team player. In addition, you also have:
- Degree in Business, Management Information Systems (MIS), Informatics or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a technical BA role or a similar role
- Broad experience of business analysis techniques particularly requirements elicitation and management, and business process analysis and modelling
- Familiarity of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- An understanding and previous experience of financial software is highly desirable.
- High degree of organisation and ability to drive projects to completion without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and incorporate input from a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to interpret data and communicate the insights to other team members.
- Strong technical skills, business acumen, and the ability to fully understand the business needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with previous experience working with senior decision makers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and eligible to work in Ireland.
What we can offer you:
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge, develop your career and work with state-of-the-art technology in a rapidly growing sector. SoftCo has a flexible remote working policy enabling you to choose what works for you. We encourage our team to be ambitious and in SoftCo there is a culture of progression. We support your development by investing in training and partnering with leading learning platforms and providers such as Pluralsight amongst others. Uniquely, our structure means you work directly with the most senior leaders in the business, who see your potential.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer and our benefits package includes membership of our on-site gym, company paid health insurance, life assurance, pension, bonus package, long service incentive awards and a staff referral scheme. Our customers are all over the world, so travel is an option and if working for one of the most innovative technology companies is your thing, then look no further. SoftCo is an equal opportunities employer. Learn more about us and see examples of how some of our team have developed at softco.com/about-us/careers/.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a demo
Complete the form to request a demo of our accounts payable automation software