Senior Financial Accountant
SoftCo have an exciting new role for a recently qualified Financial Accountant. Based in our headquarters in Leopardstown Dublin and reporting to the Group Financial Controller (FC), the successful candidate will deliver the full remit of Finance duties whilst gaining exposure to operational responsibilities. This is an ideal opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to gain hands-on experience in a face paced finance function.
Established in 1990, SoftCo is a leading global software company with over one million business users worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, SoftCo has offices in Boston, Manchester and Helsinki. The company’s solutions transform finance processes, reduce costs and ensure organisations meet their compliance obligations. SoftCo’s customers include Volkswagen, Primark, Alexander Wang, Sunny Delight, the Finnish Government and PWC. SoftCo is ISO27001 certified, a Microsoft Gold Partner, and an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
You will directly support the FC in maintaining effective financial control through timely, accurate financial accounting across the SoftCo Group. The role remit includes:-
- Ensuring all month-end journals are posted accurately and to month-end deadlines
- Reconciliation of key general ledger and balance sheet accounts
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly management accounts
- Prepare statutory accounts for individual entities within the SoftCo Group
- Prepare and coordinate information for audit, tax filing and other compliance requirements
- Take an active role in coaching and mentoring of finance team members
- Directly contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and support the FC on internal projects
In addition, you will gain exposure to operational aspects through closely collaborating with other departments to monitor and drive efficiency and profitability. You will provide ad-hoc reports and financial input for forecasting and budgetary decisions to the senior management team.
- ACA qualified
- Big 4 trained
- A minimum of 3 years PQE in the preparation of management accounts is essential
- Previous people management experience is desirable
- Excellent analytical, numerical, attention to detail and reporting skills
- The ability to deliver under pressure, prioritise and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and standard finance packages
- Fluency in written and spoken English and eligible to work in Ireland
There is an attractive package on offer to the successful candidate. Our benefits package includes: membership of our on-site gym, company paid health insurance, life assurance, pension, educational scheme, long service awards and a staff referral scheme.
SoftCo is an Equal Opportunities Employer