UI/UX Designer – Dublin
You will conceive innovative product designs that are visually creative, have intuitive interactions, consistent user-flows and meet business and user objectives. Having ownership of the user interface for the full product suite, you will generate user interaction models, wire frames and user flows.
As a key member of the Product Development Team, you will rapidly develop iterative mock-ups and prototypes of designs, incorporating usability test results into subsequent designs. Working closely with both development teams and the business, you will define the flow of screens associated with a software feature and the controls displayed on those screens. A key goal will be to ensure a consistently positive user experience across all SoftCo solutions.
Finally, you will ensure that all designs are delivered in compliance with ISO 27001 and company information security policies, and other ad-hoc duties as required.
The following are pre-requisites for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related area from a recognised University/College, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience of creating effective user interface designs for enterprise level software is essential.
- A strong UX focus, i.e. you deliver clean UI enabling users to effectively interact with the software in a way which supports the overall formation of a positive user experience.
- Ability to work closely with and understand highly technical software developers, preferably with in-house design experience.
- Willingness and aptitude to quickly learn new technologies.
Advantageous skills include:
- Solid knowledge of mobile and desktop web usability best practices.
- Exposure to user-centred design and human factor specialists.
- jQuery UI, CSS3, HTML5, Adobe Premium Suite.
- Experience of working as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- A self-starter attitude with an interest in current design approaches and technologies.
- A keen understanding of the need to solve both business and user problems.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken technical English
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, established software company and contribute to the future development of the Group. An attractive package is on offer to the successful candidate.