QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
We are growing our QA team and are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join the team. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring the final product meets the company’s quality standards as well as promoting a quality mindset in the development team. If you want to grow your career in a dynamic and exciting growth market and be a key player in rolling out new software releases of revolutionary P2P products, this is the right opportunity for you.
SoftCo are a fast growing global Procure-to-Pay and Compliance technology company and we are looking for effective, proactive, and fun people to be part of our exciting journey. Our Smart Automation technology is transforming how companies manage their Procure-to-Pay processes, improving efficiency, staff morale and fighting fraud. With 30 years’ experience, SoftCo ranks highest in independent customer satisfaction surveys. We are proud that all our projects are successful, and that our market-leading technology delivers our customers unrivalled levels of touchless invoice processing and the greatest savings. We operate from offices in the US, Finland, UK and Ireland. We have over a million users worldwide including PwC, Volkswagen, Patagonia, Primark, Logitech and nearly 80 departments of the Finnish Government. We are seriously certified with ISO27001, Microsoft Gold Partner, all types of SOC, and we are an AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
QA Automation Engineer – Your role:
We are growing our QA team and are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join the team. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring the final product meets the company’s quality standards as well as promoting a quality mindset in the development team. If you want to grow your career in a dynamic and exciting growth market and be a key player in rolling out new software releases of revolutionary P2P products, this is the right opportunity for you. As a QA Automation Engineer you will:
- Contribute to process improvements and refinement of QA practices to ensure the release of software products that function well and offer a great experience to users.
- Work with the stakeholders to define an effective testing strategy.
- Design, code, build, and deploy entire automation test frameworks.
- Testing code reviewer responsibilities (alternatively leading pair programming).
- Providing technical guidance, training, and support to the other QA Engineers.
- Acquire knowledge of the business, customer needs and the software to be tested.
- Working closely with product and development teams analyse and clarify requirements, specifications, and technical documentation.
- Identify risks, prioritize testing accordingly and raise awareness with stakeholders.
- Identify quality issues, track them and write reports.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and daily stand ups to stay on top of things and report progress.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and identify failing systems through the use of instrumentation and software.
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Adhere to company policies and compliance standards.
- Degree, qualification or proven background in Computer Science and/or Software Testing or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in automated front-end and back-end functional testing (e.g. Playwright, Selenium, RestAssure, etc.).
- Knowledge of OOP, data structures, algorithms, patterns (e.g. design, architectural) and computer science fundamentals.
- Understanding of Software Engineering and DevOps including coding best practices (e.g. SOLID, clean code, etc.).
- Experience with standard testing and defect tracking tools.
- Knowledge of QA/testing processes.
- Understanding of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Familiarity with tools like Selenium WebDriver, Jbehave, JMeter, Jenkins, Junit and SQL.
- Understanding of regression testing, performance testing, security testing, REST API testing and feature testing.
- Interest in emerging technologies and related software tools, interest for always learning new skills or improving current ones.
- True team player, good interpersonal skills and “getting things done” attitude.
- Strong workload management skills, an eye for detail and a systematic approach. Focused on timely results with a high degree of accountability and responsibility.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.).
- Experience in the finance industry.
- ISTQB certification.
What we can offer you:
This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge, develop your career and work with state-of-the-art technology in a rapidly growing sector. SoftCo has a flexible remote working policy enabling you to choose what works for you. We encourage our team to be ambitious and in SoftCo there is a culture of progression. We support your development by investing in training and partnering with leading learning platforms and providers such as Pluralsight amongst others. Uniquely, our structure means you work directly with the most senior leaders in the business, who see your potential.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer and our benefits package includes company paid health insurance, life assurance, pension, bonus package, long service incentive awards and a staff referral scheme. Our customers are all over the world, so travel is an option and if working for one of the most innovative technology companies is your thing, then look no further. SoftCo is an equal opportunities employer. Learn more about us and see examples of how some of our team have developed at softco.com/about-us/careers/.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SoftCo is an equal opportunities employer. (www.softco.com)
Request a demo
Complete the form to request a demo of our accounts payable automation software