Tel: +44 (121) 288 0768


Check out our latest news updates

SoftCo Foundation hosts Sports Heroes Charity Ball

On Thursday 20th September, the SoftCo Foundation hosted a Sports Heroes Ball at The Alex Hotel in Dublin in aid of two very worthy causes: CMRF Crumlin and Guy’s Cancer. The event, which has raised much-needed funds to support the vital work of both charities, was hosted by Des Cahill along with SoftCo brand ambassador Ronan O’Gara, Ireland Rugby coach Joe Schmidt, Ireland Women’s Hockey coach Graham Shaw and World Cup finalists, Katie Mullan, Nikki Evans and Chloe Watkins.

In 2018, The SoftCo Foundation is investing €100,000 into cancer research. The SoftCo Foundation has been working with Guy’s Cancer for over three years and this year will be supporting scientists and oncologists studying cancer and aging, led by consultant hematologist, Dr. Paul Fields. Ageing is a major factor in the failure over time of the immune system against various cancers, and the Guy’s team will study why immune therapies fail or cause serious side effects.

CMRF Crumlin is all about trying to save and improve the lives of sick children and this year, The SoftCo Foundation funding is being invested into childhood cancer research. At the moment, around 85% of children with cancer are being cured but CMRF’s big challenge is to discover why the other 15% are not.

The ball was attended by friends and supporters of the SoftCo Foundation including both past and present Ireland Rugby legends Peter Stringer, Sean O’Brien, Robbie Henshaw and Tadhg Furlong, Ireland Women’s World Cup Hockey team, renowned jockeys Barry Geraghty and Bryan Cooper, along with a host of other well-known personalities from the world of sport.


“We’d like to thank all friends and supporters of the SoftCo Foundation for attending what was a wonderful evening. The event proved to be a great success, which was all about creating awareness and raising funds for two fantastic causes in CMRF Crumlin and Guy’s Cancer. We are delighted to be able to support two great causes that are particularly close to our hearts.”

Jim Coffey, Co-Founder, SoftCo


[URIS id=9889]


About the Charities

CMRF Crumlin provides vital funding for Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital and The National Children’s Research Centre to enable little patients to have the best possible outcomes. CMRF Crumlin’s core belief is that every sick child deserves the best chance through access to world-class research, equipment, and treatments when they become ill.

Guy’s Cancer is one of the UK’s leading providers of care and treatment for people with cancer. Guy’s Cancer is home to some of the best specialists in the country and offers the very latest facilities and pioneering treatments, thanks to our extensive research programmes. The Cancer Centre offers a welcoming, uplifting environment, designed with patients at its heart.

Stay up to Date

Subscribe to our blog to get expert insight
for Financial Professionals straight to your inbox.